Friday, April 13, 2018

STOP using your Rubber Band elevator pitch? It’s losing you money.


You have no idea how much business you are missing


You're missing business because your elevator pitch looks like this…
Hi! I’m a Rubber Band. I am stretchy and fun. You can buy me in many colors and different sizes, lengths, and thickness.
Will you buy it? NO!! Why not? Because that’s what a rubber band is. That is NOT what it does.  Now answer this for me. What can YOU use a rubber band for? Think about it, what can YOU use a rubber band for? Wrapping cords, holding a place in a book, wrapping a bunch of ink pens in a drawer so they don’t spread all over, holding your remote front and back together, closing your chip bag or especially your saltine cracker package. A lid on, one thing to another, groups of things banded together. You see, there are dozens of things you use a rubber band for. And now that you are thinking of the uses you might even have to stop on your way home just to pick up (buy) some rubber bands!
Here is my point – in YOUR elevator pitch, isn’t that what you are doing? Telling people WHAT YOU ARE. Hi, I am Bob the Realtor. I do what other realtors do but I expect you to believe that my company and I do it better than all other Realtors. Hi, I’m Kathy, the attorney and I do lawyer things better than any other attorney. Hi, I’m Tom the electrician, and my company does everything better than all other electricians.
STOP IT!
Instead, start marketing in the 21st Century and leave your 20th Century elevator pitch behind.
What can YOU help people do?
Hi! I am Steve Sapato. What is your greatest challenge today?

Answer 1 – I need more leads.

                If I can help you generate more leads and generate more income by helping you close more business, would that be of interest to you?

Answer 2 – I need to convert more sales

                If I can help you generate more leads into sales faster and a higher percentage than ever before, would that be of interest to you?

Answer 3 – I need to retain my staff

                If I can help you retain your staff, increase morale, improve employee attitudes, and reduce employee errors through miscommunication, would that be of interest to you?

Answer 4 – I want to be better at networking

                If I can show you a method that guarantees you getting an appointment with someone you consider a qualified lead at every networking event you attend, would that be of interest to you?

Answer 5 – My business is growing so fast I can’t keep up but I don’t know what to do next?

                If I can show you proven methods for handling your business growth, gave you peace of mind, more time to relax and increased your profits, would that…

Do you begin to understand that, instead of TELLING people what you do in your elevator speech, you asked them questions to find their pain, problem, struggle, motivation… that you would get more leads? More referrals? Because then people would understand HOW you can help them and their friends and contacts. It is NOT what you do, it is HOW you do what you do and WHO you can help.

I understand the struggle you are going through. That’s my job, to help you grow your business. I am Steve Sapato, business coach. Do you want your business to improve?

Hi! I am Steve Sapato, what is YOUR greatest challenge today?


My job is to make yours easier and more profitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment